5722 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: max number of interity Virtual Machines

pguzman
Occasional Contributor

max number of interity Virtual Machines

Hi all,
does anyone knows if there is a documented or suggested maximum number of integrity virtual machines that can be created (and used in a production environment) through Integrity VM software ? I know that this number depends on the resources that are available on the machine (processors, memory and so on), but I don't know if there is a higher limit in INtegrIty VM software that cannot be exceeded or if common use of tool suggests not to exceed a well known number of VMs.
Thanks in advance your time
Bye
Paolo
2 REPLIES 2

In a partner webinar I heard a HP'ite from the IVM developmenmt team mention a hard maximum of 256 VMs per host.

So given that the minimum recommended amount of memory for 11i is 2GB, and the minimum amount of CPU we can dedicate to a IVM is 5% then in theory you could do this with about 7 dual-core Montecito processors ( 7 * 2 * 20 = 280 ) and 512MB of memory... If you were truly insane!

I've seen a few systems with 10-15 IVMs, but not under load - as is usual with these things the real answer is 'it depends...'

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
pguzman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Duncan,
I understand your point, I understand that this kind of configuration depends on many factors, my hope now is to hear something about the experience of someone who has faced such problem to set up a production environment with IVMs or someone from HP support.
Regards
Paolo