7302 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: partitions 1,2&3 got lost after Power failure

Yaboto
Super Advisor

partitions 1,2&3 got lost after Power failure

Hi,

The temperature in the Data Centre got so high that the servers went off by themselves. After the air condition is established and all the servers were brought up, One RX8620 which has 4 partitions can only show one partition status in the VFP and with the cp command. I have done some series of power reset but still only one partition is shown instead of four.
Please tell me what I should do to restore the system to see the four partitions.

Regards,
Mawuena
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Did you check the power and entity status using
MP -> CM -> DE
MP -> CM -> PS

Check the system event log using
MP -> SL -> SEL
Mawuse
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I did all what you instructed and everything seems to be ok.
Can I easily recreate all the partitions as it was originally without loosing or confusing the disks, server name etc...

Regards,
Mawuena
rccmum
Super Advisor

I suspect the cause of the problem could be a wrong complex profile selection by MP or some of the cell's complex profile could be read. As I understand MP does store multiple complex profiles besides doing a consistent check of the complex profile before activating it.

If you have the previous complex configuration details like parstatus, you can re-create the remaining partitions as they used to be. However I would suggest to contact HP HW Support first to look into this and let them identify the cause as why the partitions are vanished just because server went off due to tempreture exceeding upper threshold.

Other option ( need not to be useful in this case ) There is an option in MP
MP -> CM -> CC
It gives an option to download the last complex profile which was successfully to the MP to distribute to all cells. But again, you shouldn't attempt this without consulting with HP Supprot. This requires all partitions are down.

It is interesting to know as is it possible to see and select the other complex profile copies stored ? or how one can restore the complex profile back as it was before?
Anyone from HP would like to clarify here?