cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with rx6600 itanium server

Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

problem with rx6600 itanium server

We have Itanium Server Rx 6600 and Operating system installed is HP_UX 11i Version2,when we are trying to stage the Oracle Application Release 12 from DVD, with the following command " mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 /SD_CDROM" it takes 7 hours for only 3 DvD's as on other HP machine beside itanium takes 2 and half hours for 12 Dvd's. Kindly help in this regards...why it is taking too much time to make stage on Itanium server

Note: I have also tried on another itanium machine that is rx2600, it is also giving same problem.

Waiting for your prompt Responce
3 REPLIES 3
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: problem with rx6600 itanium server

Just wondering how are you doing staging. Are you running the staging perl script?

I think the perl scripts are different for PA-RISC and Itanium platforms.
Muhammad Shamroze
Frequent Advisor

hello nirmal thanks for the reply so can u help me out how can i run the script in Itanium server so that the stage can take normal time

or any other suggestion to overcome this solution please help and reply soon
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

I would verify if proper/compatible version of Perl is installed.

Are you using latest patched version of start CD? Check the metalink for the information.

Usually there would readme which you can refer to know what steps should be taken. Moreover there are pre-requisites for the staging.

We had issues with the perl script but it was 2 years ago. I would suggest to take a look at the perl script and see what it is there.