4937 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

re : part number for sas adaptor from MB to external sad dat 160 tape drive

vinowg
Advisor

re : part number for sas adaptor from MB to external sad dat 160 tape drive

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help, I have a SAS dat 160 tape drive . I would like to connect it to the rx2660 via the internal sas connector. I understand there is an optional adaptor that I can use to external the internal sas port to external so that I can connec t the DAT160 SAS drive. Can I know the part number for the adaptor. Kindly advice??

Regards

Vincent

1 REPLY 1
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

Re: re : part number for sas adaptor from MB to external sad dat 160 tape drive

Vincent, you'll probably get better response in one of the Itanium/Integrity forums...  That said, based on what I've seen from the Alpha processors, I wouldn't count on the internal SCSI working.  There were several of the smaller Alpha systems with one (or more) on-board SCSI connectors that you couldn't use.  Granted this is an Integrity so...your mileage may vary.

Second: You didn't mention operating system or version...  I'd recommend that you check the equivalent of your operating system's SPD to make sure that the drive you've got has been tested with that O/S and version.  It'll save you in the long run to know in advance what works or doesn't.  Your O/S can also control if that connector works or not (at all).

bob