Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rx 2620 doesnt save boot order

Highlighted
kdreimiller
Occasional Visitor

rx 2620 doesnt save boot order

I have a rx 2620 that I recently updated the firmware on it. I'm unable to make changes to the boot order. I can make changes but it doesn't save the settings after the machine power cycles. It only seems to do this with the boot order because I had to make changes to the console redirection and those changes have been saved.

I need it it to network boot but after it powers down, the next time it comes up it defaults to the last installed version of RHEL.

I checked the CMOS battery just to be sure, it was fine, but I replaced it anyways.

I also ran HP's ODE diagnostic tool (IPF 1203) and it reported nothing.

I have another rx2620 that has older fw (one release back I believe) that doesn't have this issue.

any ideas?

thanks,

kevin

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Re: rx 2620 doesnt save boot order

Hi Kevin,

Is this issue resolved?

Regards,

Surendar

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Re: rx 2620 doesnt save boot order

Hi Kevin,

You can refer this document as it talks about boot from tape, could be similiar with boot from LAN issue..

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?javax.portlet.tpst=ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01&javax.portlet.prp_ba847bafb2a2d782fcbb0710b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%25253Demr_na-c01047087-2%25257CdocLocale%25253Den&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

HTH,

Surendar

Was the post useful?

Say Thank you by Clicking the WHITE KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]