New Discussion юеВ

rx1600 without MP

SOLVED
Go to solution
jeff.hp
Occasional Contributor

rx1600 without MP

Hey,

I am kind of newbie here. I've got some experience on PA-RISC machines, got a used rx1600 without MP, just don't know how to get access to this box. After i powered on, the LEDs are all off and the fans are ringing, don't know how to check if the hardware is OK. Do i need to get serial cable and some PC emulation software? If so pls name some.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: rx1600 without MP

Hi,

There should be a serial port on the back of the RX1600.

Serial connection to the serial port using a 5184-1894 (Hp RS-232C serial cable - 9-pin (F) to 9-pin (F)) with a putty or HyperTerminal serial connection with the following configuration.

Speed (baud) 9600
Data bits 8
Stop bits 1
Parity None
Flow control XON/XOFF

regards,
Robert-Jan
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Not sure if they are still there since the rx1600 has been off the CPL for a while, but you might look for the manuals under docs.hp.com - there should be a sysadmin manual describing how to use the serial port present when there is no MP installed.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
jeff.hp
Occasional Contributor

OK, i've got this box running now.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Might be good to add what you did to get the box going, especially if it wasn't covered entirely in the stuff on docs.hp.com.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
jeff.hp
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I finally found out there was something wrong with the power switch, so basicly the machine was in standby mode with BMC firmware light flashing. When i managed to fixed the switch and pressed the button it runs well.