1748051 Members
5071 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: rx2600 Cosole Problems

Timothy P. Jackson
Valued Contributor

rx2600 Cosole Problems

I have an rx2600. I have installed hp-ux 11i version 3 on it using the serial console. This was because the M cable for the MP. After the OS install I recieved the M cable. Still the MP serial port did not work. After reading many of the Forum Threads I decided to open up the server and found the the cable from the MP to the Mother Board was not connected. It was close and if you looked at it with out taking the top off it looked like it was connected. Now the MP works through the serial port but I cannot get it to be the console. Again I have read through the Forums and Documentation and found that I need to change the Console Output Device, Console Input Device and Standard Error Device through the EFI. I have done this several times and it refuses to change. Every time I change it and reset the sytem it returns back to system serial port.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim
1 REPLY 1
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

Re: rx2600 Cosole Problems

Hi Tim,

would also like to point out for one more thing, are you talking og the graphic console?

IF so the Graphic login aas well as the graphic console you shall be able to get on the Physical Monitor connecteed as welll as that through using Xmanager or ReflectionX only if yiu the CDE English 11.31 Bundle installed which by default does not get installed with the OS installation of 11.31.

i hope this is also one thing that you need to consider.

#swlist -l product -l bundle | grep -i cde

this SHould Show CDE Engloish 11.31

The other part, suppose you had got that installed and that now you are not getting the Graphic Logon then try with the following:

#vi /usr/dt/config/Xservers

and remove the hash that might be there in the last line

adn follow that with the restart of the dtlogin

#/sbin/init.d/dtlogin.rc stop
#/sbin/init.d/dtlogin.rc start

regards
sujit