7176 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rx2600 MP serial port

Timothy P. Jackson
Valued Contributor

rx2600 MP serial port

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue gaining access to the MP. I am fairly new to the rx series so please hummor me with a dumb question.

Is the only MP serial port the 25 pin serial port on the back of the rx server?

If it is, does it require a special cable?

Right now I have a console cable connected to the 9 pin console port. From this port I cannot access the MP.

I have read a lot of the documents on selecting a console but none of them exactly explain which serial port is the real one for the MP or if it really even matters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim
3 REPLIES 3
Avijit Sahoo
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tim,

u r talking about rx2600 server. In the rear side of the server, u can find DB25pin connector for console/remote/UPS and a MP LAN port.

1. You need a W or M cable for connecting to MP. It looks like, in one side DB25 female connector and other side 3 individual cables comes out one marked as console, one marked as remote and one for UPS.

2. You need a serial console cable or null modem cable with both side DB9 female connector.

You need to connect one end of serial console cable to your laptop which must b having a serial port and other end to must b connected to console marked W or M cable.

3. Then u need to open a hyper terminal or any of the terminal emulation SW. u need to select default settings with baud rate 9600.
the defaukt username: Admin
password: Admin

then u can log on to MP of the server
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

Hi

as said yes, you shall require an M-Cable and connect that at the rear of the server in the 25-Pin Socket and use the coming out serial Connection. put in a serial cable, both side 9-pin female and connect one end to the M-cable "Serial" Limb and other to your Laptop/PC.

use hyperterm/Putty etc on the PC/Lpatop with the Serial Port set at 9600,N,8,1
regards
sujit
Timothy P. Jackson
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help. It turns out they just did not ship the M cable with the system.

Tim