1752461 Members
5783 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rx2600 and zx6000 firmware iso image : install question

Robert Young_13
Advisor

rx2600 and zx6000 firmware iso image : install question

I have been "told", that you take the firmware iso image, burn it to disk, and then "boot" from it on the machine in question via EFI. You then follow onscreen prompts. My problem is how do you get a CD/DVD made from the iso? On a Mac, the "disk utility" and a program called "Burn" both fail to recognize the iso image format for PF_CPEAKSYS0231.iso or PF_CPEAKSYS0231C.iso.

AM I "barking up the wrong tree" as to methodology, or is it "easier" than it appears???

P.S. This thread has been moved from Itanium Based to Integrity servers. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
-R

If you're having problems using the iso, you can download the EFI image. Instead of using a CD or DVD, you copy the firmware to the EFI partition of the system disk (cntndns1 or diskn_p1 on HP-UX 11iv3) using efi_cp commands. Detailed instructions are in the release notes from the download page and remember to clear the console logs beforehand.
-R

If you happen to be running OpenVMS, download the VMS version and do a PROD INSTALL.

Good luck.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

As the iso file is a full filesystem image, when you burn it to the disc you want to make certain the disc burning software knows it is transferring it as a filesystem image and not as a file itself. I have had few if any problems burning iso's to disc with either Linux or earlier Windows, it would be surprising if there weren't a way to get that working with your Mac. You might try a post in a Mac forum somewhere asking how to get disk utility of some other utility to transfer iso files.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

You may want to consider asking your Integrity questions in the ITRC forum Servers > Integrity Servers:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=275