Integrity Servers
1752808 Members
5772 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rx2600 boot problem

rx2600 boot problem

Hi,
I have a new rx2600 with HP-UX 11 installed. When plugging in the power cord (after 15 secs.) the system led flashes orange (~1/sec).

After power on nothing is displayed on the screen.
I have tried the VGA port, but the serial port with a dumb terminal too with no result.

The system came with an USB keyboard and mouse and a built-in VGA port (I suppose it is MP) but only a blinking cursor is shown in the left-top corner of the display.

Can anyone tell me how can I get over this problem?

Do you need more info?

Thanks a lot,
Cristi
14 REPLIES 14
Joerg-Udo Werner
Frequent Advisor

Hey Christi,
where did you connect your dumb terminal? Try the MP console port (Fan Cable), but also try the serial port Serial A on the back of the system. You should get any output on one of the ports. If you get anything on one of the ports we need to check the output.

You should get a connection to the MP in any case if you connect the dumb terminal to the MP (FAN cable) console port. With CTRL-B you should get the MP prompt and be able to check the system event logs for any error.

Hope this helps,
Udo

Hi Udo,

I have tried the VGA port with a VGA display and the mouse and keyboard delivered with the box and there is only a blinking cursor on top-left of the screen.

I have also tried a serial terminal on Serial 0 port and here is the output:

2J01;01H=3h2J01;01H2J01;01H=3h2J01;01H

I tried Ctrl-B in both cases and nothing happened.

As I told before, the system led is blinking orange.

Thanks alot,
Cristi
Joerg-Udo Werner
Frequent Advisor

Hello Christi,
I think this is a problem of your Terminal Emulation mode. Please configure it to vt100 and connect it again to port (Serial or MP) where you get the output. After that power cycle the system and you should get more output.

Let me know the results!

Greetings,
Udo

Hi Udo,

You mean that I should configure somehow the terminal? I have no idea how to change it's settings. It is an HP 700/96. I looked on the Net for some docs, but did not find. Can you tell me how to set up the terminal?

I have to set up at least the network on the HPUX to be able to connect remotely, but without a working display I can't do it.

Thanks,
Cristi
Joerg-Udo Werner
Frequent Advisor

Hello Christi,
how to configure the 700/96 to the VT100 Mode:

Press User/System
Press F8 "config keys"
Press F5 "terminal config"
Press TAB until you reach the field "Term Mode"
Press F2 until the value of Term Mode is switched to "EM100"
Press F1 to save the settings.

Hope this helps,
Udo

Hi Udo,

I tried vt100, other emulations, I plugged the cable into the other serial ports, but only a blinking cursors is shown on the top-left of the terminal.

The only message I get is in HP emulation - the message in the above message.

Thanks for giving me other ideas if you think of something else.

Cheers,
Cristi

Hi Christi,

try this solution:

Connect a serial cable with the serialA-Port and the COM-Port of a notebook. Open Hyperterminal in Windows and connect to the rx-Machine (Settings of hyperterminal: 9600 bits per second, flow control: Xon/Xoff).

Press "Enter".

The Login-Prompt should appear (i.e.: MP login / password:)

Type in MP Login: Admin and
Passwort: Admin

Then something should appear. The same thing should come up with a normal console.

On some HP Consolemachines you can change the MP settings with CTRL+SCROLLLock.

I hope i could help you,
Regards,
Alexander Schnapper
Tomislav Simunovic

Hi Cristi,

I have same problem like you had, can you please tell me how you fixed boot problem.

Thanks,

Tomas
Suresh Patoria
Super Advisor

Hi,

you have to connect to console to the system.
system will not diskplay on the monitor directly.

configure the console then u check the system powering on

Thanx
Suresh P.