108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rx2620 Office Friendly question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

rx2620 Office Friendly question

I bought a used rx2620. I've noticed that it is quieter than my other rx2620 and it has a sticker on the top (pedestal configuration) that says "Office Server". I would guess that this has the Office Friendly option installed, but according to what I've read that option doesn't allow redundant power supplies and this one has two power supplies.

Is it possible that this has the Office Friendly option, or are the later rx2620s quieter than the older ones (my old one is an AB332A and the new one is an AD152A)?
9 REPLIES 9
mits
Respected Contributor
Solution

Can you upload the MP command output below?

MP:CM> df -s 0
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

DF -s 0

FRU info N/AFRU NAME: Motherboard ID:00

CHASSIS INFO:
Type:Rack Mount Chassis

BOARD INFO:
Mfg Date/Time : 5939605
Manufacturer : CELESTICA
Product Name : motherboard
S/N : 52CTSH704N
Part Number : AB331-60101
Fru File ID : 10
Custom Info : A
Custom Info : 4714
Custom Info : A5
Custom Info : 0

PRODUCT INFO:
Manufacturer : hp
Product Name : server rx2620
Part/Model : AD152A
S/N : USE4725LWM
FRU File ID : 11
Custom Info : 11a

-> Command successful.
mits
Respected Contributor

It is not an OFS and is a standard rx2620 server. If you bought your server as an OFS, you can check with your sever supplier. I do not know why your sever has a sticker "Office Server". If you bought it as a standard rx2620, you need to order a conversion kit for OFS. I do not know if your server supplier sells its old upgrade kit product.
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

I didn't buy it as an Office Friendly server (I bought it used off eBay because it had a dual core Montecito), but with the sticker and it being much quieter than my other rx2620 I wondered if it had the option.

What does the output from an rx2620 with the Office Friendly option look like?
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

Mits (or anyone),

Can you tell me what the output looks like for a system with the OFS option?

Also, does anyone have the part number for the fans in the OFS option?
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

The system with OFS will have chassis type as OFS. The part number of the fan in OFS configuration is A7231-04017.

Be aware that just replacing the Fans won't make the rx2620 as an OFS. It also requires a system setting change besides correct BMC firmware installed.
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

Okay, none of my fans are that part number (are only one or two fans replaced as part of the OFS?). Mine are AB331-04006 (2), A7231-04060, and A7231-04059.

Did HP make any changes to the rx2620 at some point in its production to make it quieter (other than the OFS, of course)?

I'd love to make my other one as quiet as this one without having to pay $800 for an OFS kit.
Marco Gariboldi
Frequent Advisor

I'm also very interested in this and it remains very vague to me.  (On the comp.os.vms usenet/newsgroup there was also a discussion about the OFS kit). 

Marco Gariboldi
Frequent Advisor

Is there any news to report in the meantime?