rx2620 - Red Diag Lights - What to do?

I have an rx2620.

Diag Lights are:
1 - Red
2 - Off
3 - Green
4 - Green
Sys - Flashing Yellow.

This indicates a memory thermal load error. I have cleared the SL Log via the MP, and the Sys LED goes to green. however the diag leds still stay on in those colors.

Do i have to run some diags via the OS, or is there something i have to do on the MP to get these LEDs turned off?
11 REPLIES 11
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Re: rx2620 - Red Diag Lights - What to do?

Hi BoMahony,

First of my advice U never clear SL Log until unless HP recommended. Because most of system H/W cases HP backline engineer need to MP SL logs, due to analysis purposes.

BTW, now Ur system showing any "EMBER" LED. If the system showing any LED (red or orange) then U shutdown Ur system (if the system is not production mode) other ways U need down time then U system rearrange memory module & start up system then see what is status.

Pls acknowledge me.

Thanks--Yaqub
HP Support!!!

N.B. assigns points if you got the perfect result. Help to solve problems quickly.

BoMahony
Frequent Advisor

Sorry. After looking at it again, it was flashing green - it just looked amber with the lighting.

The servers are no longer under warranty, and i thought clearing the SEL may get red of the diags lights. The AirCon went in the room last week, but not for long. These errors showed up when it was off.

Thx
B
BoMahony
Frequent Advisor

BTW i ran the "Exercise Memory" from xstm to test the memory, and it comes back fine, with no errors.
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

As You have mentioned Diag Led 1 will be in either Off State or in Solid Green or Blinking Green but it will never be Red in Color[If it is definately a Diag Led]

If the Diag Led 1 is in Off state it means that No 1000 Mbps link is present.

If an MP card is Installed on ur Server then All the Diag Led's should be Off.

If the System Led is Blinking Orange indicates that the status of the system is in Attention.

Pages 38-40 will help you in troubleshooting this further from the below link:-

http://hpux.uksr.hp.com/ceasst/ia64/server/rx2600/rx2600/A9664-90020.pdf
BoMahony
Frequent Advisor

http://docs.hp.com/en/AD117-9003A/ch05s05.html

See Figure 5-2, Table 5-4 and Table 5-6 about half way down the page. Nowhere does it say anything about Diag1 being off, and it does have a LED code for Diag1 being Red.

BTW the pdf link you sent doesnt work. Either that or the HP site is ridiculously slow (being trying to load it for over 5 mins)

I am not looking to troubleshoot the issue. I have run offline and onlien diags. Im looking to turn off the LEDs. I know the cause of the issue, and i know that the machine is now running fine.
Phil uk
Honored Contributor
Solution

Bob,

I think that you do still possibly have an error.
In your original post you said:-
"memory thermal load error"

- this should actually be:-
"memory thermal load ORDER".

I think that the machine is trying to tell you that the memory is not installed in the correct loading order so a to provide proper air cooling within the machine.

Check which slots you have the Dimms located in and does this tally with the configuration guides.

If they are in the wrong slots then the Red light will never go out.

Regards,
Phil

Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Bob,

Just in case, have a look at the section "Installing Dimms". It gives the correct loading order - if indeed that is what the machine is moaning about.

http://docs.hp.com/en/AD117-9003A/ch04s06.html#d0e4507

Cheers,
Phil
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

.....i should stop calling you Bob, seeing as you're BoMahony.

8-)
BoMahony
Frequent Advisor

no worries - its brian, so close enough. Im going to open one of the boxes shortly, so I reckon thats probably route cause.

thx