1753342 Members
5159 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

rx2660 Installing Windows 2008\2003 trouble

Agel

rx2660 Installing Windows 2008\2003 trouble

Hi all . . 

I have an HP Integrity rx2660 HP-UX i`m trying to install Windows 2003 or 2008 i`ve used Smartsetup CD for Integrity i chose Express setup and configures my way format the drive smoothly until i get ( insert the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system CD and press Enter) the system tries to read the Win DVD and loads the Mapping table then nothing happens the same message comes back again (insert the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system CD and press Enter) !! as if the disk isn`t bootable at all.

Any Thoughts ??

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: rx2660 Installing Windows 2008\2003 trouble

Are you using Windows for IA64/Itanium or Windows for x86 to install from?

If you are just using the x86 DVD then it won't work.  You need Windows specifically for the Itanium/IA64 platform.

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Re: rx2660 Installing Windows 2008\2003 trouble

Hi,

If you are using IA DVD for installing Windows, Please follow the steps:

1. When prompted, insert the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system CD and press Enter.
  2. Press any key when prompted to boot from the CD or DVD (be ready to do this quickly, or the system could time out).

NOTE:Ensure that your DVD drive is connected before running EBSU,To connect a DVD drive ensure that thwe MS windows 2008 DVD is in the drive and then run the "reconnect -r" from EFI Shell.

For More information , Please search this document (c02766245 - Windows Server 2008 R2 on HP Integrity Servers (Installation Guide)) in HP Support Center Search.

HTH,

Surendar

Was the post useful? Click on the WHITE KUDOS! Star.

For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]