New Discussion юеВ

Re: rx2660

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

rx2660

Hi,

I want to install an A9891A smart array controller in this rx2660 machine for internal raid. I notice I will need different internal cables to use to make this work. Does any one know the part number for these cables. Or will this raid card not do internal raid? I have found a doc about cabling but it does not reference the rx2660 which has different connectors on the drive backplane. Or do I need to use a P400 raid card for internal raid for HPUX?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Keith Bryson
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jon

Please see the rx2660 quickspec link below under the "I/O Architecture" section. This recommends using the P400 (mandatory for Windows based servers) or AD248A for HP-UX. A9891A won't work as this is a U320 SCSI card and the rx2660 uses SAS.....

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12698_div/12698_div.HTML
Arse-cover at all costs
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The SA640x is for SCSI disks, but your server has SAS disks.

You need the P400 controller.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thank you that answers my question.
Jon
rick jones
Honored Contributor

And not just any P400 - be certain to order the P400 via the part/product number that is for the rx2660 - you need to receive an additional daughter card to enable the low-profile PCIe slot on the motherboard into which you will insert the P400 card. http://www.hp.com/go/rx2660 should have a path to the correct product number to order.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows