108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

rx5670

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

rx5670

I am trying to get to the main menu so I can try and load os.I changed the emulation to hpterm on the core I/O and I have it on hp on my console.When it gets to the efi menu it is all over my screen.This model is new to me and I was wondering if I am missing something.Any help in getting this setup is appreciated.

Thank you

Jon

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP 9000 to  Servers > Integrity. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
rick jones
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: rx5670

I suspect that EFI is presuming a vt100-like terminal rather than an HP-like terminal. So, run something like xterm or dtterm instead of hpterm.

While the rx5670 is (IIRC) no longer on the CPL, I would hope the manuals are still there on docs.hp.com.

(BTW, the rx5670 is an "Integrity" server not an HP 9000 :)
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I guess you tried setting the terminal type as "hpterm" through MP > CA and set the the terminal connected at MP serial port to "hpterm". This will work good till you are using MP Interface, but it won't work in EFI Interface ( MP > CO ) as expected.

The EFI doesn't support "hpterm". It supports "PcAnsi" "Vt100" "Vt100+" "VtUtf8" terminal emulations. One can select the appropriate emulation for console output device through EFI "boot option maintenance menu".

Hence it is required to set the terminal type/emulation to "vt100" through MP > CA if you are using (or moving from MP to EFI) a comman terminal for both.
If you choose MP serial port as console, then HP recommends you choose a Vt100+ capable terminal device. Saying that, set "vt100" in MP and use "vt100+" capable terminal or terminal emulation software to work both MP and EFI interfaces correctly.

Refer following links as well.

http://docs.hp.com/en/5990-6728/ch04s03.html
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00044083/c00044083.pdf
Sivakumar TS
Honored Contributor

Dear Jon,

only VT100 is supported emulation in EFI.

All other emulations dosent dislplay properly-even using eny 3rd party tools.

With Regards,

Siva.

Nothing is Impossible !
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your help.

Jon