cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rx7640 ilo card, screen blank

City_Blue
Super Advisor

rx7640 ilo card, screen blank

hi we have fitted the ILO card in the rx7640 and configured it.

i can connect to the GUI and can launch the remote console window.

but this stay's grey and a can not see anything.

when i log into the serial console i can see the server boot and can see it get to the EFI prompt but it is not shown in the remote console window.

any clues

cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: rx7640 ilo card, screen blank

I would check what's the remote serial console port (MP>CM>LS) and verify it's not blocked by a firewall.

Also when you lunch the remote console, does it open a new browser window and does it load JRE? What browser are you using?
City_Blue
Super Advisor

we have no firewall blocking as we have other ilo/kvm's working OK.

we use ie7, and we have trusted the cert. so that should work, as i have come across that before

however I am trying it again from a different pc/server

to see if that is the issue

cheers
City_Blue
Super Advisor

nope still get the same

the remote session opens in a new screen and just stays grey as if you are looking at a windows server with no log on box, but we have no OS on there yet
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Ok. This sounds like Java applet problem. Does it work with the other rx7640 iLO/KVM cards with the same browser on the same client?

I would confirm the Java plugin/ JRE 1.6.0_01 is installed on the Windows client.

http://h20341.www2.hp.com/integrity/w1/en/software/integrity-lights-out.html?jumpid=ex_r11294_us/en/large/tsg/go_integrityilo#lights

I would also try with clearing cookies/browsing history and using Mozilla firefox.

City_Blue
Super Advisor

cheers chaps but your all wrong

acpi was not set up right changed this to use the kvm and set it to windows and it works fine.

cheers for your help