New Discussion юеВ

Re: rx8640

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

rx8640

Hi,
I loaded windows 2008 on this machine with graphics. Everything works fine. The problem is it only see's one cell board. I have never used windows on this I usually use hpux unix. Can someone tell me how to setup the second cell board to my partition so I can see both of them.
Thanks
Jon
13 REPLIES 13
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jon,
Not positive on the rx8640, but on previous models there was a package you can download to the Windows OS that allows for partition management, thus allowing you to modify your current partition.

Looking on www.hp.com/go/bizsupport
Select Download Drivers and Software
Navigate to rx8640
Select your Windows version
Look for Utility - Tools.
There are several options for nParition command bundles that look like they may help you.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Jon,

Try this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=is-28726-9тМй=en&cc=us&idx=0&mode=4

Install it on your local PC Management station etc and hopefully you'll be able to partition it.

I've certainly used it OK on SX1000 and SX2000 Domes.

Supported Systems:
HP Integrity Superdome server (16-way)
HP Integrity Superdome server (32-way)
HP Integrity Superdome server (64-way)
HP Integrity Superdome/SX2000 Server (16-way)
HP Integrity Superdome/SX2000 Server (32-way)
HP Integrity Superdome/SX2000 Server (64-way)
HP Server rx7620
HP Server rx7640
HP Server rx8620
HP Server rx8640

Cheers,
Phil
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Jon,

Forgot to mention, don't worry about it saying
HP Partition Manager Bundle (Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit)

as it works on Windows XP fine (my laptop)

51MB download

Cheers,
Phil
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the quick responses. I know you said it will work on XP. I have windows 2008 will this work on it?

Thanks
Jon
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Jon,

Whenever I use the program on my XP laptop, I am usually configuring (the lazy way I have to add) Integrity SuperDomes running HPUX.

I have my laptop connected to the MP (with appropriate IP's set on the MP and my laptop) with an Xover cable, login to the "remote system" (ie, the Dome) and partition as necessary.

You may need to set an IPMI password on the RX8640 but i really don't know for sure as i haven't used this util on an RX8640

Phil
Jon Steele
Valued Contributor

I am sorry for not making myself clear. I have windows 2008 on my server. I have a graphics monitor and keyboard and mouse connected to it. I am not using a laptop to connect to it I am working straight off of the server. I need instructions on adding the second cell board to my partiton. If I do it the way you have listed will this work on windows 2008 on my server even if the link says for windows 2003?
Thanks
Jon
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Jon

Ensure IPMI is enabled

MP:CM> sa

This command displays and allows modification of access parameters.

T - Telnet access : Enabled.
H - SSH access : Enabled.
W - Web Console : Enabled SSL NOT active).

N - Network Diagnostics : Enabled.
I - IPMI Lan access : Enabled.
G - Windows Debug : Disabled.
S - SNMP : Disabled.

Warning: SSL/SSH Certificate/Keypair invalid - use so-5 to generate.

Select access mode to change (q to quit) : q

CM>SA I - IPMI Lan access : Enabled.

1. MP wide parameters
2. User parameters
3. IPMI password
4. OS initiated firmware update permissions
5. Regenerate the ssh server's public key

Which do you wish to modify? ([1]/2/3/4/5) 3

Set your password to something like "Admin" - keeps things simple

When you try to logon from your PC to the REMOTE PARTITIONABLE MACHINE, enter the IP of the MP connection and use the IPMI password (not the MP logon password)

There may well be a Windows 2008 version somewhere on the web which you could install onto the RX itself - but i don't know where.

This is just my method of soing things and it works fine from my XP laptop on any SX1000/SX2000 dome runnning any OS

Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Jon,

I think we posted at much the same time then.

As mentioned, there may be a version for 2008 but i don't know where.

But, the option is there to use a laptop if you have no other luck.

You could possibly have a look at the Smartsetup CD's and see if its bundled on them so that you can indeed install it directly onto your RX
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Jon,

Just to clarify one thing, the method I use is totally independant of whatever OS is running on the server - in your case the RX8640.
Afterall, the util is running on my laptop and is configuring the Complex Profile on the "remote" server......it doesn't care what OS is running on the remote server.

So if you're struggling to find a 2008 version to install on your RX, then you can use my method as explained.

Hope its of use anyway.
Good luck

Cheers,
Phil