5251 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: tukwila

merieux
Frequent Advisor

tukwila

Hi ,

I am searching information about tukwila processor, whitout succes . Is this new processor have an another name ?

Do you know what is th HP┬иroadmap about this processor ? When does it will be available ? Which version of HP-UX will support this processor? Is HP-UX 11iV2 will support this processor?

Thank you for your help ,
Xavier
26 REPLIES 26
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Hello,

I have a roadmap but cannot share it as it is under a NDA. Tukwila is going to be available around mid 2009 and it is intended to support at 11iv2 and v3. Certain release and/or feature enablement patches might be required.

J.
merieux
Frequent Advisor

"Certain release and/or feature enablement patches might be required"

Could you, please , tell me which release will support this processor. We need to plan if you have to test new 11iV3 release or if our 11iV3/V2 release are ready for tukwila.

Regards ,

Josef,

I do not believe that Tukwila processors will be supported with 11iv2 - I'm pretty sure it will appear in 11iv3 systems only...

Most of the info on Tukwila is still under NDA, but there is some in the public domain... David Kanter over at Real World Technologies always writes some fairly non-biased pieces on what sort of technology to expect... have a look at this article:

http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT020509000928

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo

also bare in mind that due to the completely new chipset with Tukwila, you will not be able to plug Tukwila processors into existing systems (like you could with Montvale/Montecito), so you will be looking at entirely new chassis...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Jozef_Novak
Respected Contributor

Xavier,

as Duncan says, most of Tukwila specs are still held under a NDA. Particular HPUX releases needed for Tukwila are not even mentioned in the roadmap.

Duncan,

if it is as you say, than I am likely not remembering the Intel manager presentation correctly. Thought he mentioned v2 as well.

Regards,
Jozef
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Have you look at Intel's site? google finds at least 150+ URLs.
http://www.intel.com/technology/architecture-silicon/2billion.htm

Here is an outdated HP-UX roadmap:
http://h40059.www4.hp.com/campaigns/golddust/downloads/transition_to_integrity.pdf

>HP-UX 11i V2 will support this processor?

No, you must have 11.31.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Are you asking as a "bare iron" install or as a guest OS under HP Virtual Machines?
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
merieux
Frequent Advisor

Hi ,

It seems that Intel have been postponed the scheduled date for the Tukwila processor to Q1 2010. I have also heard, from HP internal sources, that HP will provide servers with tukwila in April 2010 ( perhaps

Is someone can confirm this informations ?

Regards ,
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I'm sure nobody will confirm anything here ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!