New Discussion юеВ

Re: watchdog timer expired-BL860 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

watchdog timer expired-BL860 server

Dear all ,

We have Enclosure 7000ser,and two Bl860c Itanium server in this morning one BL860 server unexpected was shutdown . After that i have verified HP on board administrator. the error message is like watchdog timer expired hard reset ( Location Baseboard Management controller .) why the problem happened.

regards

Subash.T
6 REPLIES 6
SMR
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Without having any experience with Integrity blades, the x86 Proliants usually exhibit this problem when you have outdated iLO firmware + outdated management software running on the OS.

Since they use IPMI, the messages will be something like... "BMC IPMI Watchdog timer timeout" and then "Action= System reset"
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Thanks for reply My message boss . How can i solve this problem . what type of software requirement to solve this problem.
Regards
Subash.T
S_Logan
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Subash,

Watchdog timer expired - hard reset. Probable Cause: Watchdog timer expired, and
a hard reset of the system occurred. Recommended Action: Some process took longer
than it should. Identify that process and contact the vendor of that application.

I would recommend calling HP support. This problem is sometimes caused by the MP failing to communicate with the FRU bus, and can be cleared by a reset of the MP.

HTH,
Regards,
Surendar
Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login and assign points.
For more information on assigning points ,click here :
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Thanks Lot surendar ,

I have opened case from HP. Boss i have one personal doubt . what is the benefit of points . all are asking points end of the answer . pls let me know .

Regards
Subash
Tamilnadu.
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Subhash,

It is always good to assign the points.

It will help in these :

1) The other who searches any query , they can understand the good rated answer will help him to get the relevant solution.

2) Answer Rating will help the Other who helped you.

3) The High rated solution is always trust-able.

4) It is an healthy competition in Forums to get Good Points in every posts. Etc...

HTH
Regards,
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
subashbl870
Regular Advisor

Thanks Boss