Internet Products
1753758 Members
4778 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IE7 problem after vista upgrade

David Glyn

IE7 problem after vista upgrade

After upgrading my Pavilion t3660 to Vista Home Premium, I am unable to open Internet Explorer 7. Each time I attempt to do so, I receive the message: "Internet Explorer has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."
I was compelled to download Firefox on another machine and copy the installation file across in order to connect with internet.
Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave, IE7 got a lot of problems/holes/bugs in it because it is relatively new on the market. In your case there is option to completely remove/uninstall IE7 and installing it once more, otherwise the other option to use latest IE6. Hope this will help you. Best Regards, Ed K. Check also next web page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?rule=9645&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3311684тМй=en
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
David Glyn

Thanks Ed. However, I have the impression that IE7 is an intergral part of Vista, so I can't work out how to uninstall it and, on the other hand, I can't download and installation because I already have it. A bit of a bind, it seems. Any thoughts?
ed k.
Honored Contributor

David, see/check next web site. Hope It will help you.
Best Regards, :-) Ed K.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449/en-us
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
David Glyn

The problem centred on how security settings were set up in Vista. For a non-expert user these are quite difficult to track down. I've now managed to run IE7 normally.