108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netscape import

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Netscape import

A my customer, has installed on a PC Netscape and it wants to import mail and rubrica that it has saved previously on a CD. (has saved all the folder \programmi\netscape). I know Netscape, but he is not installed on my PC, why I use I.E. Someone can indicate the precise steps to follow in order to obtain that?
Thanks
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
10 REPLIES 10
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Re: Netscape import

Hi Bruno,
I've leaved netscape but I can tell you how work.
Open Netscape messenger, menu File, Import; select Comunicator Address book and click [Next]; to import Address Book accept *.nab, *.na2, to import e-mai select all type; now explore tree and select the folder that you have previous restored.
This would work.

Bye
Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

I am trying but it is much time that the computer works. The bar progression of the job is in the half-position. This is normal?
It is working ?
I attend news !
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Are you importing Address Book or e-mail?

Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Now import email !
Torino (Turin) +2H
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Bruno,
I don't receive yet your post.
If you have import form Netscape e-mai you could work as follow (I never tryed in this manner):
1) Close netscape
2) Rename file of e-mai (should be located in Programs\Netscape\Users\...\mail); rename "inbox" as "Backup of inbox" and "inbox.snm" as "Backup of inbox.snm".
3) Restore inbox files from CD.
4) Repeat for other folder.
This work only if you have saved with netscape.

Bye
Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Dear Antonio, I had not thought this solution. SIMPLEST....
Regards
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

I see that I have gotten to this late in the game, but I am in the process of trying to import the same things on a new load of Netscape 7.x as well.

The one thing that I didn't see was what version of the program you are working with. Is this NS 7.x? Did the solution work for you?

I only ask because I haven't been able to get my old mail and folders imported into my new load of the program successfully and I am hoping that the solution above is the way to do so. All I see listed is a solution for the inbox, not the old folders.

Please advise...
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is OK but the version of Netscape is old 4.7 !!!
Jhon, the path Programs\Netscape\Users\\mail is correct and i restore every single ...\\mail\inbox and ...\\mail\sent.
HTH
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I never had any problems like this with the old 4.x versions, only the newer 7.x versions.

I will open my own thread for this issue now.

Thanks again!
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855