Internet Products
1753637 Members
5455 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: msn.com browser address, password memory and active x

Eddie Hirsch

msn.com browser address, password memory and active x

I recently overcame a severe spyware/virus infection with the help of PC-Cillin Internet Security 2006. However, as a result, I have 3 issues with my online surfing and cannot get help without paying Microsoft or HP their service fee.

1. I cannot save the history of websites I visit over and over located in the address field at the top of the msn.com browser. It only saves one website and this is inconvenient because I lose time having to continually input the website address of those I visit daily.

2. On my personal website for banking, credit cards, and investments, the user name and passwords are not saved, so each day that I check on my financials, I have to re-input the user name and passwords, and they are very long and take a lot of time each day.

3. I cannot update my msn.com site to watch the video's. I thought it has something to do with the yellow ActiveX which is not appearing.

I believe that all three of these issues are connected and would appreciate anyone who may know what settings I need to fix to correct these three time consuming and frustrating challenges.

thanks in advance,

Eddie In Kentucky

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC OV education & training Forum to Microsoft > Internet Products - HP Forums moderator

1 REPLY 1
Tracy Avent HPSW Instru
Trusted Contributor

Re: msn.com browser address, password memory and active x

You might want to consider re-installing the browser from the microsoft downloads website... otherwise under "Tools->Internet Options" there are about fifty parameters you can change, including cached information from prior browsing, which would probably affect the behavior you are getting.
I don't know how your question ended up in this itrc category, but it probably isn't the best place for it. Though the people here are probably fairly familiar with web browsers anyway.