1753729 Members
4711 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: outlook express

Patricia Krug

outlook express

I can not get my mail through outlook express. It says that i have new emails but they aren't there. We have Frontiernet.net email account. I checked with them and everything is set up correctly.
I was getting email until about noon today. I can get them through Frontier webmail or on my iphone but not on my laptop. Has anyone else ever had this problem. I've looked in spam and everywhere to see if they're going someplace else. I have Office 2003 on this laptop.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

What windows version do you have?
Can you send mail from Outlook express?

>It says that I have new emails but they aren't there.

What says that? An icon in the system tray?

>I've looked in spam and everywhere

Do you have Norton antispam?
Have you done a search to see all mails from a date range?
Edit > find > message:
Look in: Use browse to select "Local Folders" and check "Include subfolders":
fill in the received before and after date menus.

>I have Office 2003 on this laptop.

Do you have Outlook configured too?
Patricia Krug

Thanks for your help. It started working correctly later last night. I just closed everything and shut my computer down and started it back up. I have no idea why it did it this week and a week ago. No problem this morning. Thanks anyway for your help.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

It's possible that your computer is running low/out of resources (memory, for instance). It's also possibly that your computer is infected in some way. Make sure your anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware ae current. If not, consider downloading/running Microsoft Security Essentials:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e1605e70-9649-4a87-8532-33d813687a7f

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

Check the size of your outlook express files. Outlook express doesn't like an amount of files bigger than 1GB (I'm not sure of the exact size).