LAN Routing
1748259 Members
3932 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3CRWDR200A-75 slow wireless with Dell studio 1535

Colfen

3CRWDR200A-75 slow wireless with Dell studio 1535

I have four Laptop that work on wireless to my 3CRDWR200A-75, but my latest laptop a Dell Studio 1535 with a Dell wireless 1397 WLAN/Mini card Rev.5. it does connect wireless and all diagnostics say their no problem but the download speed is 0.18Mbits when it should be 5+Mbits. When I use this laptop via other router, the wireless is fine.

Can anyone help? apart from buy a different brand of router.

3 REPLIES 3
Techno
Regular Advisor

I would upgrade your WI-FI NIC card drivers 1st, disable any fancy options such as power savings or other not generic options.

If all fails, you may need to get a Wireless Traffic Capture and contact 3Com to look into what is going wrong.

Hope this helps

The Tech Man Has Spoken....
The Tech Man Has Spoken....
Colfen

If only it was that easy. Have try everything suggested plus more. Even Dell config router remotely.

No the computer works on everybody else wireless connection, just very slow on mine!

basty
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue, I can't get the right speed (using wireless) between the laptop and the router. I connect to 54Mbps in a noise-free environment and I can get aprox 15Mbps when I should get 24Mbps (that's the real speed for a 54Mbps connection).

I upgraded to 1.3.6 and it was a mess, lost connectivity with the ISP every 5 mins so I downgraded to 1.3ww and at least now is working (but again, low speed).

Sebas