4769 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Aruba 2530 Tagged VLAN no network connection

TAEDEKA
Occasional Advisor

Aruba 2530 Tagged VLAN no network connection

Hello,

I have an Aruba 2530 running YA.16.10.0013 . The switch is connected to a Watchguard Firewall that is performing the routing. Two interfaces are configured on the Router. Interface 1 is the default untagged VLAN (10.x.x.x/24) and Interface 2 is a VLAN (VLAN 2) interface configured with a DHCP enabled VLAN (10.10.x.x/24) and is delivering tagged traffic.)

The default VLAN is untagged on all ports on the 2530. VLAN 2 is tagged on all ports on the 2530.

Interface 1 is connected to the 2530 on port 1 and Interface 2 is connected to the 2530 on port 2.

The default VLAN is forbidden on port 2 of the 2530.

When I connect a computer whose nic is tagged with VLAN 2 to a VLAN tagged port on the 2530 (for example port 10) the system gets an ip address, DHCP settings, DNS etc... from the router but then has no network connections. I can not ping the default VLAN and I can not get internet. The router has a route allowing all traffic between the two VLANS in addition to allowing traffic to the web.

Any help is appreciated.

One more note: I did setup an HP 1820 switch and tested VLAN configuration. Everything works without issue. However, the VLAN setup is slightly different with PVID etc...

17 REPLIES 17
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Aruba 2530 Tagged VLAN no network connection

Hello,

Have you untagged the vlan 2 for port connecting to computer?

In Aruba Untageed is for Access port and Tagged for Trunk port.

e.g

vlan 2

untagged <port number connecting to PC>

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
TAEDEKA
Occasional Advisor

Untagging the switch port connected to the computer allows access.
However, that is not my issue. My issue is if I connect the PC to any port that has VLAN 2 as tagged while the PC NIC is configured for VLAN ID 2, I will get an IP address bit have no network access.
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

What is the port number connecting to PC and please share 'show vlan 2' output?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
TAEDEKA
Occasional Advisor

PC connected to port 13. Have tried 9,10,11,12 as well.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D73DDB.47D5B900]
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

I am unable to see attached image.

Seeing only this:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D73DDB.47D5B900]

Thanks!

TAEDEKA
Occasional Advisor

I am sorry, I can not seem to upload the image.

VLAN ID 2

Name: test

Voice: no

Jumbo: no

Port 1-52 Tagged

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Thank You for sharing output.

Assuming port 13 is conencted to PC.

Could you please  run below command and check

#config t

# vlan 2

# untagged 13

# exit

Thanks!

TAEDEKA
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply. I do not want to untag 13 my NIC card is configured for VLAN 2 tagged
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

I understood your PC NIC card is configured for VLAN 2 but as per command output connecting port 13 is a tagged (trunk) port.

You need to make port 13 untagged (access) port for vlan 2 to do communication with PC.

Thanks!