1745819 Members
4163 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

H3C S5820X downgraded v7 to v5 — internal flash unavailable

iromanyshyn
Occasional Contributor

H3C S5820X downgraded v7 to v5 — internal flash unavailable

Hi people! Please help to restore back to working condition device named H3C S5820X. It came to me with next firmware:

flash:/a5800_5820x-cmw710-boot-R7006P15.bin
flash:/a5800_5820x-cmw710-system-R7006P15.bin

But we tried to downgrade it to v5 and can't access internal flash memory anymore after downgrading bootloader to one came with v5. Any of tries to format internal flash returns only errors like flash is absent or empty. Please, point me to some solution to recover flash or maybe to that version of firmware (beta?) so I can try to reformat flash and restore device's functions. I tried to load v5 firmware to RAM, it works after half hour of waiting but I still can't use flash.

3 REPLIES 3
VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: H3C S5820X downgraded v7 to v5 — internal flash unavailable

iromanyshyn,

I haven't tried this in the lab lately but the filesystem in Comware 7 is very different than Comware 5.  You should probably reformat the flash and then tftp or ftp the code and config file, if you saved them off before playing with the versions.

If I remember correctly, you will probably also need to change the Bootware code to the version that Comware 5 needs.  You'll need to check the archive for the version needed with the CW5 version you want to run.  It can be loaded during the startup process in the bootware menus.

Regards,
David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
iromanyshyn
Occasional Contributor

Sadly I do not have that firmware (v7) and can't find it anywhere. Any of bootloaders provided with v5 doesn't allow to format internal flash. So I probably NEED v7 firmware to use this device or downgrade it properly. If I can't find v7 firmware for S5820X then this device will be just piece of useless brick. Please, help.

iromanyshyn
Occasional Contributor

People, please help to find v7 firmware for S5820X. Please, help. I need it to recover my device.