1748156 Members
4139 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HOW TO ENABLE 1GBPS PORT ON HP ProLiant DL380P Gen8

areddy005
Visitor

HOW TO ENABLE 1GBPS PORT ON HP ProLiant DL380P Gen8

I HAVE BEEN USIING THIS SERVER AND THE LAN SHOWS AS ITS SPEED IS ON 100MBPS SPEED. AND I TRIED TO CONFIGURE THE PORT TO 1GBPS IN THE ADVANCE SETTING (SPEED & DUPLEX ) BUT THERE IS OPTION FOR 1GBPS. AND I AM USIING CAT6 CABLE WITH 16 PORT GIGABIT SWITCH. OTHER PORT  ON THE SWITCH ARE RUNNING IN THE 1GBPS MODE. BUT EVEN MY NIC TEAMING IS ALSO NOT SETUP.. AND I DID NOT EVEN CONNECT IT TO THE ILO PORT. I HAVE CONNECTED IT IN THE GIGABIT PORT OF THE SERVER. THAT WAS PROVIDED IN-BUILT

PLZ HELP ME IN RESOLVING THIS ISSUE .

AND I WANT TO SWITCH IT TO 1GBPS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

PLZ HELP RESOLVE THIS 

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HOW TO ENABLE 1GBPS PORT ON HP ProLiant DL380P Gen8

Hi! AFAIK any HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen8 server provides an Ethernet FlexLOM HPE 331FLR NIC with four 1 Gbps ports (and ILO is shared)...so it should already auto negotiate 1 Gbps speed on any port of that NIC (provide the Switch it is connected to is a Gigsbit Ethernet model).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
areddy005
Visitor

yes what ever u have told is right but still it is not working and even in nic it is not working and showing as 1 gbps

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Please provide some evidence through HPE iLO and through connected Switch...if what I worte was right and reasonable there is something on your scenario that was misconfigured (HPE ProLiant Server side of Switch side). Hard to formulate any possible troubleshooting path without any detailed evidence.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner