LAN Routing
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE 5406zl S0123 ERROR: SRI on FABRIC 0 did not configure correctly, Aborting SRI.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dunmola
Occasional Contributor

HPE 5406zl S0123 ERROR: SRI on FABRIC 0 did not configure correctly, Aborting SRI.

HPE J8699A ProCurve Switch 5406zl

The switch passes all self tests and then goes into a bootloop with the following error:

S0123 ERROR: SRI on FABRIC 0 did not configure correctly, Aborting SRI.

The information i got on the hp website ( https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03386525 ) to  remove the boot.ini file did not work. Please does anyone have any ideas. I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Gogushev
Respected Contributor

Re: HP 5406zl S0123 ERROR: SRI on FABRIC 0 did not configure correctly, Aborting SRI.

Hello, 

I think you shoul better contact your local support as suggested in the document..

Maybe what you can try is to boot the switch from different SW images. The switch has 2 image partitions, primary and secondary. They can store different images of different versions.

Here is how you boot the switch from the primary image

=>jp 1

Here is how you boot the switch from the secondary image

=>jp 2

Just try to boot from primary and from secondary and if you see the same with both images I would contact support.

Emil Gogushev /HPE
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 5406zl S0123 ERROR: SRI on FABRIC 0 did not configure correctly, Aborting SRI.

Hi @Dunmola , what software version is (was) your HP 5406zl running on?

Dunmola
Occasional Contributor
Solution

@Emil_Gogushev Thank you so much for your reply. I did try booting the switch from the primary and secondary image and it still continued in the boot loop. I contacted support and after troubleshooting I suggested sending a replacement fabric module.

However, since the fabric module is built in with the chassis in the HP 5406zl switch, they will be sending a replacement chassis.

Joel