1753731 Members
4951 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How can I configure HPE 1920s for all vlan to 1 port

AndrewYung
Occasional Visitor

How can I configure HPE 1920s for all vlan to 1 port

If I have hundred of vlan but I only add 1 vlan to 1 port each time, should I add vlan hundred time for 1 port? 

4 REPLIES 4
network_king
HPE Pro

Hello AndrewYung,

As this is a web-based switch you will need to add 1vlan to 1port. For configuration guide please use below link.

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00003478en_us-6.pdf

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AndrewYung
Occasional Visitor

That is what I complain I need hundred step to setup a port that just one step in previous model such as V1920 , V1910 even old model 3com 2952 all is web-based switches can do it in one step. If you say this is the design limitation, it is a very bad design to remove the configuration and not reasonable. I hope HPE will rectify and we may consider change to other brand.

mocha
Occasional Contributor

Hi, must agree that sound silly.

I have 1920 not 1920S and on 1920 there is no problem like this.

From manual who give user "network_king"  see page 90.

To create a range of VLANs, specify the beginning and ending VLAN IDs, separated by a dash. To create
multiple non-sequential VLANs, separate each VLAN ID with a comma.

If I understand it correct, than You must use array of Your VLANS or seperate with comma when configure specific port.

Additional: for 1920 WebUI there is two option and each of them is done by one command:

- configure port, then i specify vlan ranges and/or each individual vlans and can do this with ;

- configure vlan, then i specify ports;

And maybe it can done by cli?

p.s. possible I'm wrong at all for 1920S, because "network_king" is "HPE Pro"

AndrewYung
Occasional Visitor

Hi

1920 is a good and cost effective switches but obseleted. If you read my replied in detailed that I use HP switches many years and I have difference model form 3com to HPE. The UI between 1920s and 1920 is totally difference, if you have 1920s you may have my feel too. I make this post is hope to get professional useful informaiton and share my experience in 1920s.

p.s. 1920s without cli and console port. Morover, can you setup vlan in 1920 by cli!