1745804 Members
3544 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Identify the type of Fiber Module used in the JL 385A switch

ModifyInc
Occasional Contributor

Identify the type of Fiber Module used in the JL 385A switch

We have the HPE OfficeConnect 1920S Series model JL 385A switch with a fiber optic transceiver module inlcuded. I need to move the fiber module to another switch, but before I purchase another switch, I would like to know the type or model of the fiber module so I can confirm if it will be compatible with any of the switches I'm looking at. Is this info available online or would I need to remove the module and identify it that way?

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Identify the type of Fiber Module used in the JL 385A switch

Hi! probably by generating and downloading some sort of diagnostic file(s)...I don't believe (I have an HPE OfficeConnect 1920S but not with Transceivers - you call it module but it is a Fiber Optic Transceiver - so I can't tell) the GUI exposes information like the Transceiver SKU and its Serial Number (as example)...but I can be wrong about that.

I bet the fastest way (if your network can support a brief interruption on that uplink and if removing the Transceiver doesn't generate a major outage) is to remove and look at it. It's brutal, I know.

OTOH you should have used a supported and genuine Transceiver so it should quite easy to understand which SKU it has and, consequently, understand if it could be supported on the switch you want it to be relocated.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner