LAN Routing
1751898 Members
5794 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

PIM - How do I stop packets sent down multiple load-share links to a end point?

CiscoMonkey
Occasional Contributor

I have a network of 2 core 5412's connected to multiple 5406 in a fully routed set-up.

Each edge switch has two 10Gb links (one to each core) and these links are P2P layer 3 routed links using OSPF which load shares the data (not primary/backup).

I have video sources on the core (and an edge) switch and these feed IPTV's connected to various edge switches.

The edge switches have specific vlans for the IPTV's, the switches (and P2P links have IGMP and PIM-SPARSE enabled).

My issue is that the IPTV devices on these edges switches are experiencing out-of sequence packets and it is effecting picture quality. Initially I believed the issue is that PIM is sending the source packets down the dual links and there is a more latency on one than another, resulting in out of sequence packets, however I removed PIM off one of the P2P links on two edge switches and all 8 TVs' on those switches lost their channel list and video stream. After 15 minutes the TV;s remained off-line until I re-enabled PIM on teh P2P links.

We are using Software revision K.15.03.0007 on all switches and my thinking is that there is a multicast software bug on this version.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can look next, other than a software upgrade which may or may not fix this issue.

Here is an extract of my multicast set-up (where n is the same vlan reference in all instances):

vlan n

untagged H9-H13

qos priority 6

ip address 172.28.x.x 255.255.255.192

ip igmp

exit

router pim

bsr-candidate

bsr-candidate source-ip-vlan n

rp-candidate

rp-candidate source-ip-vlan n

rp-candidate group-prefix 224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0