LAN Routing
1748248 Members
3835 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Phone are getting IP from 2 vlan data and voice and do not communicate with each others.

lpaez
Occasional Collector

Phone are getting IP from 2 vlan data and voice and do not communicate with each others.

Hi all, I really need help with the following topology: Cisco uc320w as dhcp server from vlan 1 (192.168.1.0) and vlan 100 (10.1.1.0) then go throw lan to:
Switch HP 2520, I just created the vlan 100 and tagged to all port, and set it as voice, that is the only config I set it. 

the problem: some phones gets ip from the voice vlans and some from data vlan. 

There are more commands to set into the sw? 

thanks for help.

4 REPLIES 4
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: Phone are getting IP from 2 vlan data and voice and do not communicate with each others.

Hi @lpaez 

The HP edge switches would normally be configured with the PC Vlan "untagged" and the voice Vlan "tagged". (Tagging allows for 802.1Q Tag for phones)

From your statement i understand that you have tagged VLAN 100 as Voice VLAN . Since you said some phone get IP from voice VLAN and some from data VLAN , is that possible to share the interface config ? 

Also i suggest you to refer below link which explains about voice vlan configuration 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03386522

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
lpaez
Occasional Collector

Re: Phone are getting IP from 2 vlan data and voice and do not communicate with each others.

Hi jmpk, thanks for your help, my topology is very simple, only have the cisco central and then the L2 switch, there is no L3 edge sw, here is my vlan configs:

hostname "ProCurve Switch 2520-24-PoE"
vlan 1
name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
untagged 1-28
ip address dhcp-bootp
exit
vlan 100
name "VOip"
qos priority 7
ip address dhcp-bootp
tagged 1-28
voice
exit
snmp-server community "public" Unrestricted
primary-vlan 100

thanks

jmpk
HPE Pro

Hi @lpaez 

The config looks good on switch  . If the switch is acting as L2 , where  L3 routing happens  or your DHCP server lease the IP address based on VLAN Tagging ? 

What is the frimware on the device ?

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
lpaez
Occasional Collector

The cisco Cisco uc320w serves as dhcp of both vlans.  Version 2.3.2 (6)

dhcp vlan 1 (data) 192.168.1.1
dhcp vlan 100 (voice) 10.1.1.1

but there is no much to configurate in there, is as simple as select the topology and set the ranges for the vlans