1752806 Members
5702 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Port Forwarding on HP ProCurve Secure Router 7102dl

iptables

Port Forwarding on HP ProCurve Secure Router 7102dl

Hello,

I'm trying to set up port forwarding on an HP ProCurve Secure Router 7102dl. It's usually pretty easy to create a mapping but between HP's web interface and terminology I'm getting lost. Something similar would only be like two lines with iptables or a few clicks on a home router. I don’t understand why something simple has to be so complicated.

From the web interface I go to Data/Security Zones/Public/Add Policy to Zone ‘Public’. I select the Policy Type as Advanced and click Continue. I type in a Policy Description. I set the Policy Action to NAT. I set the Destination Security Zone to Private. I set the NAT Type to Destination. I set the NAT IP Address to Specified and type in the local target address. I set Port Translation to Specified and type in the local target port. I click Apply. I click Add New Traffic Selector. I leave Filter Type as Permit. I set the Protocol to tcp. I leave the Source Host/Network as Any. I leave the Source Ports as Any. I leave the Destination Host/Network as Any. I set the Destination Ports to Specified leave the drop down as Equal To and type the external target port. I click Apply. I click Apply again on the page I was redirected to. I see my policy on the page I was redirected to with the message that Traffic not matching one of the policies above will be blocked.

I then test it out to see if it works only to find out immediately that it doesn’t. I suspect I may need a Private Zone Policy to allow my Public Zone Policy to be effective but I’m not certain. If anyone can let me know where I’m going wrong it would be appreciated.

Thanks.