3512 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Problem with IRF link detection

Vincent-uy
Occasional Contributor

Problem with IRF link detection

Hi 

I deployed an IRF topology between two datacentrer over two dwdm fiber links 40gb qsfp+ interfaces. When I configured it, the topology works fine for many month but in a moment I lost one of the links between the datacenters. When the link was repaird the interface didn´t recovery automaticaly. To recover both IRF links, I musted shutdown the interface and undo shut and it allowed to the IRF comes UP with both interfaces again. I have both switches with the last firmware version that I finded

HPE Comware Software, Version 7.1.070, Release 6301
Copyright (c) 2010-2019 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
HPE FF 5950 4-slot Switch uptime is 68 weeks, 6 days, 0 hours, 33 minutes
Last reboot reason : IRF Merge reboot

Boot image: flash:/5950-cmw710-boot-r6301.bin
Boot image version: 7.1.070, Release 6301
Compiled May 20 2019 11:00:00
System image: flash:/5950-cmw710-system-r6301.bin
System image version: 7.1.070, Release 6301
Compiled May 20 2019 11:00:00

Does anybody have experience about this kind of issues on IRF topology? Any suggest?
Thanks for comments

Vincent

6 REPLIES 6
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Is there MAD configured?

Can you please share 'display log reverse' output?

Please mention the time of issue as well.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Vincent-uy
Occasional Contributor

Hi akg7

Thanks for your answer

I didn't config MAD yet
Right now the IRF is working because both links are ok

<IRF212CPACPO>display irf topology
Topology Info
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
IRF-Port1 IRF-Port2
MemberID Link neighbor Link neighbor Belong To
2 UP 1 UP 1 00e0-fc0f-8c03
1 UP 2 UP 2 00e0-fc0f-8c03

I don´t have an evidence right now about the problem because in this moment it is working and i haven´t the log of the moment when it has happened.

Until this moment the IRF have never fail, in amoment only one of the links has fail and went it was fixed then this link did not converge automatically to the IRF again until I restart the physical interface.

Maybe we needing to wait until it happens again and capture the log.

Thanks in advance

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,
It seems whole stack didn't have issue. Only one of the irf slot had issue so logs will be present in switch, can you run 'display logbuffer reverse' and see if you are able find logs and if not then collect logfile.log file from flash of the slots.
You can see logfile folder under >dir /all-filesystems.
Go to logfile folder and extract logfile.log file.

Thanks!
Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Vincent-uy
Occasional Contributor

Hi
Thanks for the answer, I´m checking in the log file.
If you have any other suggest about the course of this issue, feel free to let me know

Thanks 

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @Vincent-uy ,

There can be multiple reasons but tts difficult to say the exact root casue of the issue without proper logs and sometime logs also dont have proper data.

Thanks!

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Any update on the requested files?

Thanks!