1753810 Members
7938 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Setup Trunk Ports on a Stacked HP 2920

Ketan_s
Occasional Contributor

Setup Trunk Ports on a Stacked HP 2920

2920 stacked core switch (SW 1 & SW 2) with current trunks using 2 port 10-GbE SFP Module (J9731A) trunk 1/A1,2/A1 trk1 lacp trunk 1/B1,2/B1 trk2 lacp Show trunk on the core switch shows up as: The below is my current ports on the core switch that is configured: Port | Name Type | Group Type ------ + -------------------------------- --------- + ----- -------- 1/A1 | Uplink to wanwtr01 SFP+DA7 | Trk1 LACP 1/B1 | Uplink to wanwtr02 SFP+DA7 | Trk2 LACP 2/A1 | Uplink to wanwtr01 SFP+DA7 | Trk1 LACP 2/B1 | Uplink to wanwtr02 SFP+DA7 | Trk2 LACP New 2920 Switch (Switch 3) I have configured the below module 1 type J9731A trunk A1-A2 trk1 lacp Question What is the command to trunk ports 1/A2 and 2/A2 thank you
3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Setup Trunk Ports on a Stacked HP 2920

Something like:

interface A1-B1 lacp active

should be sufficient on the fourth Arbuba 2920's end.

That's creating A1+B1 Trk1 on your fourth Switch Aruba 2920 to connect via two DAC Cables to 1/A2+2/A2 Trk2 created on the Aruba 2920 Stack (Stack members: Switch 1 and Switch 2).

Do a:

show lacp

to check LACP Trunks status on both ends.

P.S.

Your description is a little bit confused or, at best, incomplete (with reference to your other post here)...how many J9731A 2 ports SFP+ Module do you have installed on Switch 1 + Switch 2 (those stacked)? two? since you wrote you have Trk1 defined with member ports 1/A1 and 2/A1 *and* you have Trk2 defined with member ports 1/B1 + 2/B1...AFAIK I understood you want to connect Trk2 (1/B1+2/B1) of the Stack with Trk1 (A1+B1A2) of the fourth Switch.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Ketan_s
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply. Core Switch (Stacked) This has four J9731A 2 ports SFP+ Module's, as the below ports are configured: trunk 1/A1,2/A1 trk1 lacp trunk 1/B1,2/B1 trk2 lacp I would have thought I had to issue the command below on the core switch. This will link two DAC cables from the Aruba 2920 to the core switch. trunk 1/A1,2/A2 trk 3 lacp trunk 1/B1,2/B2 trk 4 lacp Please correct me if my command is incorrect.
parnassus
Honored Contributor

I can't correct you since I've no idea [*] of which Module's ports (and which Module) are parts of which Port Trunk group on which switch <- that's because the network diagram you did is not complete and it doesn't say the whole truth about Port Trunking (note you linked Switch 1 to Switch 2 with a single port link...that's not the way one implements LACP Port Trunking!) - but not knowing that that doesn't really matter because, basically, the rule is that on each Switch involved on a Port Trunk interconnection you should define - so on each end - its Port Trunking Group(s) configured with its member ports (as you did already: trk1, trk2 on Stacked switches and Trk1 on third and fourth Switch); the command itself is pretty simple and self explanatory...see Port Trunking chapter of Aruba 2920 Management and Configuration Guide for details/guidelines and restrictions.

[*] In the attachment what I have understood about your setup...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner