11080 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Slow (30 seconds) LAG switch over between HPE OfficeConnect 1920S

atomicluis
Occasional Advisor

Slow (30 seconds) LAG switch over between HPE OfficeConnect 1920S

Hi All,

I have Ports 23 and 24 on a HPE 1920S  bundled into TRK1 and configured to 'dynamic' 

Port 23 goes to a second HPE1920S

Port 24 goes to a third HPE1920S

Noticed that only 1 port (23 or 24) becomes active in TRK1 (not both as expected)

If I disconnect bring down the active port, it takes 30 to 40 seconds for the other port to 'join' tTRK1 and become active.

Any ideas why this is happening. I am attaching a screenshot of my logs.

iVfP7tF.png

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Slow (30 seconds) LAG switch over between HPE OfficeConnect 1920S

STOP it now. You're doing a wrong thing. Port 23+24 on Trk1 Dynamic (Static will be the same) means you're aggregating port 23 and 24 together in a LACP driven Link Aggregation Group which is named Trunk (Trk1 in your case).

A Trunk need to be co-terminus on a similar Trunk on the peer end...what it means? it means that physical links departing from 23 and 24 must terminate into two interfaces of a single switch (or into a virtual switch if you have one) and those two interfaces must belong to a Trunk (Dynamic=LACP), TrkX identification number X is not relevant for successful connectivity, LACP hashing algorithm and ports speeds are.

Trust me stop it here...familiarize with Trunking in HP/HPE jargon (No Cisco)...and LACP...then you will see what is wrong.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner