1748169 Members
4257 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Some wifi clients have no network access after connecting to wifi network

icetim

Some wifi clients have no network access after connecting to wifi network

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue where some wifi clients are able to connect to a wireless network and get a valid IP address from the internal DHCP server, but they are unable to access the Inernet or any network devices. I am unable to ping the wifi client from the switch which has the AP attached to it.

This is affecting clients on different access points, but not all wifi clients are affected.

Some wifi clients on the same access point work but some others can't access any resources or the Internet, but do connect successfully and get a valid IP address from the DHCP..

The wireless network is bridged to the LAN through the firewall.

I've attached a screenshot of the switch below as an example showing one of the access points connected to switch port A15 and 2 wifi clients connected to this AP.  Note- not all AP's are connected to this switch.

Why would one of the clients have their mac address registered on port Trk1 and not the port that the AP is connected to (A15)? I checked the AP's and the client is definately connected to that AP.

I cleared the ARP cache on the switch and immediately tried pinging the wifi client and was successfully but then tried again and it was unreachable. 

Any ideas?

Thanks