108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VLAN - static IP problem

ddanny
Occasional Visitor

VLAN - static IP problem

Hello there,

For a while I am having the following problem with the  HP1810-8G switch:

Having created a VLAN on some ports, all works well with this VLAN. DHCP is ok. Communication between other devices is ok BUT when a device with a fixed IP address (in the same range as the VLAN) is connected on these VLAN ports, this device in unreachable for other devices. It is not possible to ping it.

I am allready  looking for weeks to solve this problem and can not find anything.

An other strange thing is that when I plug in a IPphone in the switch, it's getting an IP and its working wel but the internal switch in the phone (to connect a PC) isn't working anymore. When I connenct the phone to an unmanaged switch it works fine ??? This issue ins't that important to me but will probably be related to the previous issue.

Pleas can anyone help me ?

Danny

4 REPLIES 4
Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

When you connect the phone, what IP/subnet mask and GW address is it getting?

How does this compare with the IP details you are assigning to your static devices?

ddanny
Occasional Visitor

The SGW and default GW are the same on DHCP devices and static devices.

I'll make a scheme of the situation and will post it later.

ddanny
Occasional Visitor

Hi, in attachment  I have put a scheme of the situation. I hope it's clear enough.

This scheme is very much simplified, but it's the best representation I can give.

Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

I would need to see the config on the two switches.

In your second scenario, the fact Laptop on VLANB can ping the printer would indicate the firewall is routing the traffic successfully between VLANA & VLANB.

That being the case, it has to be a problem in the switches config, although it isn't obvious what it could be, seeing as the Laptop opn VLANA can ping the printer on botyh switches.

I'd specifically be checking the switchport config on the facing interfaces on the switches, then the switchport config the devices are patched to.

I assume, seeing as you didn't say otherwise, the laptop on VLANA has access to the printer on both switches?