4020 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: assign IP address to the interfaces

SumitP
Occasional Contributor

assign IP address to the interfaces

Hi,

How to assign ip address to the devices/interfaces which is given to the 1950 JG961A switch?

Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hello @SumitP, can you rephrase your question in a better way? What are you trying to achieve? it's a little bit unclear (to me, at least).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
SumitP
Occasional Contributor

Hello @parnassus I have 1950 JG961A switch. To that switch i have connected several devices. My question is how to assign IP addresses to those devices in the web interface. and I have created a vlan under which all 48 ports are untagged. 

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Have you tried to configure DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) Server feature [*] which is supported and provided by your HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch?

Here I'm guessing you already haven't a DHCP Server working and configured for the the IPv4 Subnet your devices...indeed you want your Switch to act as DHCP Server for the considered Subnet(s).

[*] GUI Men├╣ Network -> Service -> DHCP will permit you to configure various DHCP Server functions including:

• Configure DHCP Service and available DHCP Options.
  • Configure the interface to operate in the DHCP Server mode.
  • Configure DHCP Address Pool(s) (with Static or Dynamic Address assignement modes).
  • Configure the IP Address Conflict Detection.

HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch Series User Guide valid for R3xxxx software release (August 2016) has a good DHCP (Server) configuration example at page 115 (sheet 123 of 181).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
SumitP
Occasional Contributor

Hello @parnassus ,  I tried through DHCP but that is not exactly what I want.

I have posted a another question please check it.

Thank you.