LAN Routing
1753707 Members
5212 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vlans and truks on hp switches

Bill207

vlans and truks on hp switches

I have a network of hp switches and ubiquiti wifi devices.  I want to seperate the Guest network on a seperate vlan to be able to send it out a different port on the firewall.  I need to maintain the vlan 1 (default) accross all the switches for office computer use.  The main switch is an HP 1920 -24g POE and all the other switches are HP 1820-24g (Total 3) switches.  I setup the access points to put the guest data on vlan 20 and the devices that are connected to the 1920 work fine.  The problem is that when i try to get the access points on the other switches back to the main switch either vlan 1 or vlan 20 doesn't work.  I tried to setting up the ports that connect the swiches with vlan 1 (untagged)  and vlan 20 (tagged)  and that doens't work. i tried setting up the connections ports as a trunk but vlan 20 doen't work.  On the 1920 switch you can associate a vlan with a trunk port but on the 1820 you can't associate the vlans with the trunk.  Any help would be appreaciated.

2 REPLIES 2
jaysta
Advisor

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you output or screenshot any config of the switches especially the 1820s in regards to the ports connecting the switches?

Jay

maguanglongMike
HPE Pro

Hi here,

can you show the config and networking topology?

cheers

Accept or Kudo