1753481 Members
4053 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ASL/APL for NetApp for 11.11?

Kevin (Gonzo) Bushman
Frequent Advisor

ASL/APL for NetApp for 11.11?

I've been trying to find the ASL/APL for 11.11 so I can connect a NetApp to my (old) SuperDome (SD32000). I've looked everywhere and I can find that SnapDrive is supposedly supported, but NetApp says to go to Symantec to get the ASL/APL before I load SnapDrive. When I go to Symantec, all I can find is ASL/APL's for 11.23 and 11.31.

While it was frustrating to find these for my 11.31 systems, I did find them and all loaded as it should (for the most part...) and it works flawlessly. But for 11.11, I get stopped no matter how I try to search for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions/help/locations to get the ASL/APL for 11.11 for NetApp?

TIA - Points will be given where appropriate.

-Gonzo
If you do nothing else in with your life, make friends with a dog.
3 REPLIES 3
chris huys_4
Honored Contributor

Re: ASL/APL for NetApp for 11.11?

Hi,

I didnt check the latest hcl, hardware compatibility list, for 11.11, but suppose indeed no asl is "constructed" even then, afaik its the storage vendor, in this case netapp, who needs to fill in the necessary "technical" paperwork from symantec, with regards to the array, netapp wants to get supported for a certain OSversion, so that symantec can use the results of this paperwork, to build a asl.

So back to netapp, I would say. ;)

Greetz,
Chris
Kevin (Gonzo) Bushman
Frequent Advisor

Ended up creating a ticket with Symantec. They ponied up with the library. Now I'm off to installing it and the problems that creates... (See new thread.)

Thanks -

Points given.
Kevin (Gonzo) Bushman
Frequent Advisor

Created trouble ticket with Symantec. This resulted in a phone call and they finally understood the problem. They then pointed me to the location of the library on their website. (BTW - the search they recommended in their email is NOT what they did to find the actual library needed. What they said I should look for and what THEY looked for to find it were different. Doing their search does find it, but the search the told me to do does not.)

-Gonzo