New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error in pvcreate

manish_csc
Advisor

Error in pvcreate

Hi all,
I am facing problem while pvcreate

" pvcreate : Writing LVM record interrupted system call "

disk is showing by ioscan and diskinfo. This is connected in JBOD & disk changed 2 times , but still getting same error while creating physical volume.

Waiting for suggestion !!!!!

Manish
2 REPLIES 2
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Normally pvcreate takes only seconds and is trouble-free. I would say that it is time for SCSI basics? Have you confirmed that there are exactly two terminators on the bus and that they are located on the physical ends of the cable? Since this is a JBOD, both SE-SCSI and HVD -SCSI disk modules will physically fit but you absolutely, positively cannot mix and match and SE and HVD components on the same bus --- and this includes terminators. Surprisingly, a missing or bad terminator will almost work well and non i/o intensive commands like diskinfo and ioscan would probably be fine. It's (barely) possible that there is something wrong with the pvcreate command itself so I would try a lower-level test first. dd if=/dev/zero bs=64k of=/dev/rdsk/cXtYd0 and see if any i/o errors are found.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

I would suggest you to check the scsi cumulative patch level.. If they are old then try installing the latest ones and check, does it make any difference..
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial