1752584 Members
4401 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP-UX Roadmap Planning Survey

Jamen

HP-UX Roadmap Planning Survey

Hi!

We are running a survey through September 10th which will help guide the roadmap for Storage Management on HP-UX. If you are an admin for filesystems, volume management, or general storage for HP-UX, this is an opportunity to directly influence our development direction for HP-UX.

If you are interested in taking the survey, please allow around 20 minutes and click here: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22AZ95B4MA9

We appreciate the feedback as it increases the chance our development teams deliver you with precisely the capabilities you need.

Thanks!

-Jamen Koos
HP-UX WW Storage Management Product Manager
Business Critical Systems
3 REPLIES 3

c'mon guys and gals! I pestered Jamen to post this survey on the forums, and now you're all letting me down by not responding!

Remember if you don't respond, you can't complain when that nifty feature you were looking for never found its way into the storage management stack!

If you complete the survey, why not post a short response to this thread? That should keep it around the top of the forums for a few days...

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
likid0
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I took the survey, as Jamen says it only takes 20 minutes or less to answer all the questions.

Just to quickly resume what I think:

1.No need to move away from lvm and integrate VM/FS in one(ala zfs)

2.Would be nice to be able to choose different type of FS, and not only JFS, but I understand that giving support to different kinds of FS can be a headache

3.The need for a Cluster Filesystem, that isn't based on veritas and a license

Lots of things that are great on Aix/Linux Lvm are getting there with 11.31, so keep it coming
Windows?, no thanks
Jamen

Thanks Daniel for taking the survey and also summarizing here. We are getting a good response rate and as they say each vote counts-the results will allow us to really quantify the demand. Much appreciated and apologies for the length of the survey!; we're hoping to address multiple opportunity-areas.

-Cheers,