New Discussion юеВ

How check RAID level in HP-UX

SOLVED
Go to solution
Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

How check RAID level in HP-UX

Dear ALL,

I am able to check RAID level of Assigned LUN from our CX-340 storage using "lsscsi" command.
Which is like below:

[root@bldhklmdb ~]# lsscsi
[0:0:1:0] disk DGC RAID 5 0326 /dev/sdb
[0:0:2:0] disk DGC RAID 5 0326 /dev/sdc
[0:0:3:0] disk DGC RAID 5 0326 /dev/sdd
[0:0:4:0] disk DGC RAID 5 0326 /dev/sde
[0:0:5:0] disk DGC RAID 10 0326 /dev/sdf
[0:0:6:0] disk DGC RAID 10 0326 /dev/sdg
[0:0:8:0] disk DGC RAID 10 0326 /dev/sdh
[0:0:9:0] disk DGC RAID 10 0326 /dev/sdi

My query is what is the equivalent command in HP-UX for "lsscsi"? So that from OS side i can able to see which LUN is under in Which RAID level?

Thanks
Minhaz
6 REPLIES 6
Keith Bryson
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How check RAID level in HP-UX

Hi there

There are several ways depending on which technology you are using:

option 1:-
/opt/sas/bin/sasmgr get_info -D /dev/sasd{x} -q raid

(x will be the individual HBA instance, try ll /dev/sasd* to determine the device file)

option 2 for smart array controllers:-
saconfig /dev/ciss{xx}

(xx is the individual smart-array HBA - try "ioscan -fnC ext_bus" to see ciss smart-array devices)

Hope that helps
Arse-cover at all costs
Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

Thanks a lot keith. But the steps that you given is only for Internal disks connected with SASD(IR), p400 or p800 Smart Array controller.

But i want to know if we assigned LUN from EVA or CX-340 or DMX-4 storage to HP-UX host then is there any command or any procedure to know what is the RAID level of Assigned LUN from HP-UX host machine?

Thanks
Minhaz
Keith Bryson
Honored Contributor

I've tried every "fcmsutil" option, every "scsimgr" option (get_info / get_attr / lun_map) and none of them show detail of RAID level. Not even SAM reports the RAID level (I'm trying it with an EVA). There may not be an answer but hopefully there's someone out there who may have it!!

Let's hope so because I'm interested to know now too!

Keith
Arse-cover at all costs
AVV
Super Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure but I used to check it through sasmgr . The raid configuration done at storage level will not be shown to you ? Will it ? I have to ask a storage person to get the answer. Anyway, I am sure someone from our Gurus also could help us here !!

getting RAID level for EVA vdisks from the HP-UX command line is non-trivial... it can be done using a combination of the evainfo and sssu tool plus some scripting... there's an example of this approach in my post in this thread:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1359592

it doesn't actually print out the vraid level, but getting that information should be possible using the same approach...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Md. Minhaz Khan
Super Advisor

Hi Everybody,

Thanks a lot for all your replies

Minhaz