New Discussion юеВ

How obtain Mirror/UX?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ed Lawrence_1
Frequent Advisor

How obtain Mirror/UX?

Where does one go to obtain Mirror/UX?
Is it included in HP-UX 11.0 (June 2002, which I'm using), or is it an add-on product that costs money?

I have checked the hp web site; can't find anything. I have spoken to three people and an hp partner; no one seems to know, or they are giving me the run-around.

Hope someone here can be more helpful than hp has been thus far. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: How obtain Mirror/UX?

It can be found on any Applications CD set BUT it is codeword protected. You can do a swlist of one of these CD's and see the product but in order to install it you must have a codeword and that requires a call to your HP rep and some pictures of dead presidents.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Ed,

There's a link at the bottom of this page which will lead you to "buy it from a reseller":

http://www.software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B2491BA

Pete

Pete
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

You need to find another reseller. Many resellers know nothing about HP-UX because they are targeted towards "SMB" or Small & Medium Business, and unfortunately, SMB customers are not supposed to buy expensive HP-UX boxes. IF your reseller has to contact an 'expert' on HP-UX, they are most likely a PC distributor. There are a lot of resellers that sell and know something about HP-UX altough HP may have some difficulties locating them.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

It is included in HP 11.00 MCOE (Mission Critical Operating Env)

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Ed Lawrence_1
Frequent Advisor

A colleague gave me a CD and a codeword.