1753487 Members
4286 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to move SG vg to new lun

seastar
Occasional Contributor

How to move SG vg to new lun

I need to move a service guard'ed lun to a new lun. How should I do this - is there a tech document somewhere?

Also what about moving a vg in shared mode?

Thanks for the help!!
4 REPLIES 4
g3jza
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to move SG vg to new lun

What is your volume manager, LVM / VxVM?
What do you mean exactly by moving a SG LUN to another LUN? Having 2 disks/luns and moving the data from one to the other?

pvmove command can be used to move data off one disk to the other in the same VG, if you're using LVM.
Hiren N Dave
Valued Contributor

> I need to move a service guard'ed lun to a new lun
You mean to move vdisk from one storage to another storage?

If so, you need to stop cluster services, create new LV on new storage with new LUNs, copy old data to new LV from old LV, change mount points, change cluster config files to replace old LV name with new LV name & remove old LV after testing your applications.

> is there a tech document somewhere?
You need to log a case with HP Technical Support Team for complete process to match as per your current environment.

Hope this helps!
I am an HP Employee

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
Rohak
Advisor

First check in that disk how many logical volumes are there and if those logical volume are not share with other disk then use mirror and break and release the old LUN.

Otherwise if those Logical volumes are using other disk also then see the size and do mirror. Otherwise take more LUN and do mirror and after that release all old LUNs.

Its safe and u r not going to loose any datat and its online.

otherwise send the output -- pvdisplay , vgdisplay then i will let you know the procedure step by step.

UVK
Trusted Contributor

If you are talking about migrating data from I disk to other in the same VG, you can use pvmove to migrate the extents from 1 disk to other and remove the unwanted disk by lvreduce

lvextend

pvmove

lvreduce

as long as you are not changing any lv's or vg's no need to touch cluter conf

-------------------------------------------
Like it or worked !! Click kudos !!