108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LVM patch PHKL_30553

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex Georgiev
Regular Advisor

LVM patch PHKL_30553

I'm hoping that there's an HP-UX insider out there that would know this.

Is there a patch that superseeds PHKL_30553 and gets rid of the warnings?

If not, then is there going to be one, and how soon can I expect it?

I can settle for PHKL_28150, since the system is not affected by the two 28150 warnings. I have no way of knowing that will change in the future, so idealy I'd like to have a patch with no warnings at all.
9 REPLIES 9
marie-noelle jeanson_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: LVM patch PHKL_30553

Alex,

All I can say right now is that PHKL_30553 is currently not superseeded.

Marie-Noelle
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Alex Georgiev

Have a look in pathc/firmware database and I think there is no superseeds patch!
Have a question: what is trouble that you get?

regard,
chicong
Looking for a special chance.......
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Hi Alex,

Those are Non-Critical Warnings. I've also this patch installed and no problems at all: nothing is perfect...

Regards,

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Alex Georgiev
Regular Advisor

We do performance monitoring. I don't want to break the LVM metrics, whether they are used or not.

I might just try this patch on a test machine to see what kind of metrics does it break.

I was hoping that there would be someone close to the dev/support team that would know if there's a superseeding patch that will be coming out soon. That's all.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you have support contract, call HP support. I believe any hpux insider can verify if there is a patch under development.

Best regards,
Robert-Jan.
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor

Alex,

What stops working is the I/O by Logical Volume screen in GlancePlus. It justs says "No data available". That's not what I want to see.

Notice that the Non-critical warning for this patch dated May 19, 2004 ends with "This behavior will be corrected as soon as possible." I would hope that it would be corrected sooner than 7 months later.

Unfortunately, as time goes by there are security patches that depend on PHKL_30553. For example, if you request a selected patch list for PHNE_27902 (Cum. STREAMS) it requires PHKL_30553.

I would also like to know when PHKL_30553 will be superseded. It sure would be nice to have a recent LVM kernel patch without any warnings critical or otherwise. Perhaps this is one more reason to convert the rest of my 11.0 systems to 11.11.

Marlou
Alex Georgiev
Regular Advisor

Marlou, sounds like you've ran into some of the same patch dependencies that I did. Thanks for commiserating!
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor
Solution

HP has posted patch PHKL_32920. It supersedes PHKL_30553. It was posted April 22, 2005 and created March 10, 2005. Its rating is only 1 star at the moment.

Marlou
Marlou Everson
Trusted Contributor

Here's an update:

I have installed PHKL_32920 (LVM cumulative). It did not fix the problem in Glance. HP has told me that I also need to install PHKL_31932 (pstat patch, long command line storage).

Marlou