108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: LVMREC

SOLVED
Go to solution
miracle
Frequent Advisor

LVMREC

I have a LUN that seems to have a problem. I notice this when generating an ignite tape and it is present in the recovery.log file Here is the message.

vgcfgbackup: Invalid LVMREC on Physical Volume /dev/rdsk/c4t7d7

The /etc/lvmconf/vg.xx has not been updated. The filesystem where this LUN lives is still active and is not producing problems. From what I found this LUN had been presented to another system. Is it possible that the LUN has been attempted to another system in a LVM volume group? So how do I fix it? Would doing a 'vgcfgrestore -n /dev/vgxx -o /dev/rdsk/c4t7d7 fix this problem without having to either lose my LUN from the VG or having to deactivate it?
Any help please
1 REPLY 1
Dietmar Konermann
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: LVMREC

You are right... maybe the structures have been overwritten from the the other system. I agree that vgcfgrestore is the way to go here. You may also try a "vgchange -a y" before to see if this also recognizes the corruption. After the vgcfgrestore you could check again to see if the VG is clean.

Best regards...
Dietmar.
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)