1754020 Members
7641 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Migrate storage PATHS (EMC)

MSwift
Regular Advisor

Migrate storage PATHS (EMC)

We have to free up some FA ports on storage frame as these these ports are going to be used for some data migration. We need to assign additional FA ports to the storage used by each HP-UX 11.11 host and then migrate the storage paths from the current FA port paths to new FA port paths. Would this require a change in the device names!..since this is part of a cluster, we need to push this on both nodes. Please help

Thanks

Mike
3 REPLIES 3

>> Would this require a change in the device names!

Absolutely yes... if you are doing only one "side" of your SAN fabric at a time, you may be able to accomplish this online via vgreduce for the old path and vgextend of the new path (if you know what you're doing) - otherwise you will be looking at a an offline migration using vgexport/vgimport for all VGs on the EMC.

For the cluster it all depends on whther you use a cluster lock disk on the EMC - if you do, expect to have to halt the entire cluster while you edit the cluster ascii file and run cmapplyconf with the new cluster lock disk location...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
MSwift
Regular Advisor

Duncan

Thanks! Storage says they expect to have the same Device PATH. Would you still think i need to export and import and also bring down the cluster(since the lock disk is on the EMC)?

Thanks

Mike
Vishu
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Well, if Device files remains the same, then i dont think there is any need for vgimport/vgexport stuff...but better if you take the mapfile just for caution.

But a bit confused, can you or anyone tell me that if the port is going to be migrated then how can we get the same Device paths for the device. well, paths should be changed with the port migration. Please clear my doubt, if it is so.

Thanks