6683 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Missing Fibre Disks on reboot

Andrew Moody_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Missing Fibre Disks on reboot

Many thanks Torsten and Jeff

I've done the firmware update, which was a little nervy as it's the first one I've had to do. Only 6 months in to this.

Anyway, it's not resolved the issue of missing disk on boot up, so back to the SAN switches methinks.

Thanks for your help. I've got a million more questions but I think it's time to go home to the wife and child for the weekend.

Andrew
A sobering thought: What if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?
Andrew Moody_1
Regular Advisor

The now seemingly obvious question is how do I find out what the current recommended PDC firmware level is for any of my servers?

A sobering thought: What if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Actually, if your server(s) is/are covered under some sort of HP service plan, you *should not* do the firmware upgrades yourself, as one wrong step can turn your machine into an expensive doorstop. So, if you have a support contract with HP, call them and they should be able to tell you what f/w revision level you should be at and be able to schedule to come out and do the upgrade.

HTH

You see Mel that's the sort of answer I like. Make it someone else's issue.

Having said that the one above went ok. But I'll check out our support options first.

Darius Rudzika
Occasional Advisor

Check and fix/update (if needed) the follwing things:
- set SAN switch ports to fixed datarate
- set FC HBA driver to fixed data rate and fixed topology
- check SAN zone (keep HP-UX separated from other OSs)
- SAN switch and FC HBA firmware versions (also check HW compatibility matrix)
- storage firmware

good luck,
Darius
"In pure practice - everything woks, but nothing clear. In theory - everything clear, but nothing works. In most favorable case when theory meets practice - nothing works and nothing clear"